Seneye Reef Aquarium Monitor - Review

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Thatgrimguy, May 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

So is it worth??

Looks like you might be better off with the Apex and purchase separate tests.

2. Click Here!

3. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

How does the par meter work? Have you tried it out?

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I don't know yet. I have only had it all plugged up for about 24 hours. I like the kelvin/par/lux meter, I'm most excited to test that.

I like having a back up telling me my ph and temp, but I'm not sure it's worth $200. I'm still figuring out the system. And they have an upgrade that will greatly increase it's usefulness especially for newer aquarists. It's going to read a basic test strip for Nitrite, Nitrate, Alk, and Chlorine. It won't be super accurate, but it would still be fine for tanks like the one at my dealership.

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I have played a little, just trying to figure it out while I set up a time with my LFS for them to come with the Apogee for comparison.

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I think you hit the nail on the head. This
    product is going to be great for new aquarium owners or even someone that doesn't have a Digital Reef Controller.

I enjoy the constant monitoring of my Ammonia/Nitrate-Rite but I can also purchase tests kits that will last me more than a month for less money.

I'm really looking forward to your final thoughts on this product.

7. leichr0220

leichr0220 Astrea Snail

Thanks for the link guys I follow this one along, so just from watching you install a program on your cpu and it plugs in through usb, then monitors the system, excited to see the light meter readings, thanks.

8. Click Here!

9. leichr0220

leichr0220 Astrea Snail

Any movement on the other features?

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Not yet.. Actually so far this piece of equipment has been frustrating to say the least. I have to get some pieces to make it of any value. As it's shipped you have to have it plugged in to a computer via the USB. I don't have a windows computer anywhere near the unit and my laptop is unreliable at best. I'm researching ways to get it online remotely though.

11. leichr0220

leichr0220 Astrea Snail

Yikes, well good luck, That was initially why I had not thought the unit would be a reliable monitoring system at all time. I guess its not crazy to install a small computer in your stand. If the par is correct though it is still hundreds less than an apogee.

12. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Did you manage to find a way to make it work wirelessly?