Resolved sending moneY, GOT THE PACKAGE!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by bobssecrtsn, Nov 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

hey guys, i think i made a mistake, i bought an item from reef2reef and i used paypal, the item was around 300ish and i am pretty new to paypal so i didnt know any better, and he wanted me to send as a gift, but i did not have that option, so i sent as "sending money to family or friend".

the next day he called me he was at the post office and he wanted my address, name etc and he gave me the tracking number via he used USPS. priority mail.

that night i went online and i tried to track it and there was no tracking product in that number. so the next he called me back, and he said he was at the post office and that tracking number worked for them. and it was shipped out already.

i used CHASE as my payment method, if anything were to go wrong, as in a scam, can i file a claim?

I GOT THE PACKAGE GUYS, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

Yes, you can. Paypal is really good about refunding scams.

4. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i think reef2reef is a sponsor wold be a bad mistake if they rip of a fellow reefer!! i would hope that if this is not a mistake that some action is taken let me know before i order thanks

5. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

thank you in advance, i was stressing out about loosing 300!

if other people can chime in id be so stressfree right now, even looking at my tank is still stressing me out!

6. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

i did not order FROM reef2reef, i ordered from a FELLOW MEMBER FROM reef2reef

7. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

That's the problem with USPS. Sometimes the tracking number doesn't work correctly. I ordered something last week and the same thing happened to me (tracking number didn't work). I wouldn't worry about it.

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Who did you order it from?

Never send funds as gift, always for goods. This way you can make a claim with paypal. Fortunately, you used a CC and not a debit card. This means you are protected by chase.

10. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

glad i am protected.. yes i am horrible when dealing with new things, on the side note, i cannot say the name of the person that i was buying items from,

but if my product does not come within tmrow i will be surely to give out the name and the proof of purchase/private messages/ and any other information to help get my money back.

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I am also on R2R and was just asking because I may be able to give you some insight as to if you should be worried or not.

I would wait a week to receive the product. It takes time for USPS to get packages to you.

12. Wannabe

Wannabe Plankton

Yes, usps tracking sucks