Searching for a new led system

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Seancelebrity, Dec 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

So as of late my d120 I got from evergrow the driver went up. And I am having a heck of a time getting a new driver. I have emailed them almost daily for weeks about replacing the broken driver since it's under warrantty but with 0 replies back. So I need to find a new led system that is as good as or slightly better then the d120 does anyone know a good system like that around te same price ?

2. Click Here!

3. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

If they are still under warranty, I would call you credit card company and have them help you out. They are usually pretty good at disputing charges against merchants being shady. You might get your money back or a replacement fixture.

ReefBreeders is an American wholesaler of Evergrow fixtures I believe. They have their own warranty and are a sponsor here, so you they should be able to take care of you if you purchase from them.

You can also try a DIY LED build. If your fixture is truly toast, you can probably salvage the heatsink, fans, and dimmers and wire your own LEDs and drivers to it.

4. Seancelebrity

It's just my one driver I sent the guy from reefbreeders a pm about a driver but no reply yet. I need a 120watt 55-100volt dimmable driver :/

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It sounds like you could use the refreshing service and reliability of a company like Aqua Illuminations. Their SOL fixtures are a steal right now while they're still producing them, and they have been proven over reef tanks for years now. That said, I'm not sure what the specifics of your tank are, so I can't be sure it will be a good fit for you.

6. Seancelebrity

I have a 29 gallon with all different types of coral and fish and inverts

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

A single Aqua illuminations sol should be perfect for that.

8. Click Here!

9. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

My Sol's were great.

10. Trumptitan

Trumptitan Astrea Snail

I do like my reefbreeder and he is here in CT so the warranty is stateside. He is usally pretty responsive to email as well.

11. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Reefbreeders or DIY would be great.

12. kwmjones

kwmjones Flamingo Tongue

I've got an AI hydra brand new I'll sell you for $300 - PM me if you are interested