Sean's 8.5G Rimless Reef - 3/07/2013

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Seano Hermano, Jun 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

So after 2.5 weeks of the cycle, I have amphipods on my glass, 2 snails moving around that were in the live rock, several bristle worms in rock/sand, and now I just saw 3 copepods (I think) actively walking around in the tank! :D

Testing ammonia right now.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Yeah I don't know if I will have space for all these corals. lol. The monti itself will take up a large portion of the tank footprint.

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Get a cat and a clownfish with the YCG.

5. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

A 10 gallon is so small how will you hav e enough room for the frogspawn and torch and leave enough room so they dont sting other corals??

I had a 5gallon setup in my now wifes room in the dorms and a 5gallon in my room that I couldnt help overstocking and ended up wit ha 25gallon rubbermaid tote for a fishtank that I drove 8 hours home with purchases a 37gallon tank and set up not knowing a thing about cycling (This was FW where low pH means nontoxic ammonia luckily).

I cant imagine doing a reef tank in the dorms lol

6. Seano Hermano

haha. I think it should be fine. If I can get the torch they will be in nearly opposite sides of the tank. :) I have no plans to upgrade the 10g for at least a year and a half.

There will only be one fish. I've had my 29g running for a year and a half now and it doesn't have any fish at all.

7. Seano Hermano

Photos Dad took of the 29g (he's taking care of for me until this tank is cycled)... :-/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aiptasia he showed me..without noticing a coral fell that used to be right next to it...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

Awesome looking tank man. I noticed you crossed the bleeding apple off your wishlist. It's definitely expensive but a friend of mine picked up one at a swap earlier this month, and I gotta say, It's a really good lookin' coral. Don't let the price discourage you! It's worth it!

10. Seano Hermano

Hi Chance! Thanks very much. :)

I crossed it off the list because of the price. I wasn't sure how much a frag costs. I did a Google search of it and most results were about $100 or more for it! lol. How much did your friend pay for his at the swap (I know you can usually get good deals there)?

11. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

Just got off the phone with him, and it turns out he got a frag off of one that had a large piece of LR fall on it and broke it into a bunch of pieces. He got his little head for $25. And he's had it less than a month, and it's already reproducing!

12. Seano Hermano

Well then if I can find one at that price, maybe it's not off the list! :D