Sean's 8.5G Rimless Reef - 3/07/2013

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Seano Hermano, Jun 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Then id use your skimmer! :) and how bout a LPS tank? That would look great with torch/hammer/torch corals everywhere :)

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Pretty sure he got the Nano Slim Skim, I encouraged him to get the Tunze 9002.

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I'm starting with the corals (and skimmer) I already have so that's why it will be an LPS dominant tank. I think a goby will be a good idea in order to be sure I don't over skim.

5. Seano Hermano

Thanks for the input!

I plan to move all my acans and zoanthids over to this tank. The frogspawn (5 heads! :D) will likely be placed in the back left of the tank, acans primarily on the right island. A purple torch on the right side in front of the skimmer. :) I also want a maxi-mini anemone once it's more established. Maybe at the 6 month mark.

I only have one hiding spot right now, but maybe the goby will take shelter under the frogspawn too. lol

6. Seano Hermano

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

You really don't need to worry about "over skimming" it's impossible. You can only skim out a certain amount of the DOC no matter how big the skimmer. The bigger worry would be that you can't produce a constant skimm head in the neck of the skimmer and the skimmer won't work right.

8. Click Here!

9. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Nice Sean!! Wheres the plane?LOL;D

10. Seano Hermano

I forgot it when I was home yesterday for graduation. Dad might come up tomorrow and bring it to me along with some other things I forgot. The 10g is set up at my sister's house (where I am for the summer).

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Glad you decided to keep a small tank! Keep the hobby alive!

12. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I hope i can bring my biocube 14 to college, idk what i would do without it ;D i wouldnt worry about a skimmer in that small of a tank, its a waste.