Seano's 29G Reef

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Seano Hermano, Feb 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

ha! The right island in my tank is made of 3 large rocks. The bottom rock is the largest in this structure, and that's where the aptasia is. I'll have to try boiling water in a syringe for this guy.

Edit: Sorry if that ^ came off as rude. lol. I didn't mean to be, but reading it back it sort of sounds like I was making fun of you...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Didn't sound rude to me!!! Fyi boiling wter never worked on my brown paly's neither did vinegr or lemon juice, or all 3 t once. Get aiptsi-x but I've read mixed reviews. Best bet dude is get tht big rock out nd torch that sucker

4. Seano Hermano

I found what looks to be an isopod (?) walking around in my tank. It was on a snail shell. When I turned around (to the dinning table behind me) to get the camera and take a picture it was already gone. It was brown in color, 6 legs, just like a rollie pollie bug. I don't remember ever seeing these guys as a dark brown?

Can someone post the link to Incognitos hitchiker ID website?
    One of the heads on my acan is closed too. There was something on it, but it was too small to really tell or get a photo of with my camera.

5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Glad to hear the corals are turning in your favor. Still running the pellets?

As said above...tend the Nem and bubble algae now! You think it might be a lot of work for just the one...think how much work it would be with dozens!

Bubble algae will spread quickly too if your not careful removing it and it still thrives even under low nutrient conditions. I had an emerald crab once to aid in my fight with it. After a week it still hadn't touched any of the algae, then it molted to nearly twice it's size one night. Found it munching on one of my Acro's the next day and it was back to the LFS for that guy.

6. reelfishy

reelfishy Astrea Snail

Nice light hanger. Very modern looking.

1 person likes this.
  7. Seano Hermano

Leaving town for the weekend again. I think the tank should be ok.

The Acan appears to be splitting a new head. The same goes for the frogspawn (thanks, Cosmo ;)) It was really open today, which was nice to see. :)

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

LOL, did ya send some aiptaisa too me. Sorry about that, but I just found my first 2 aiptasia as well this week, i hope I didn't send them to you. Neither was near the frog, but oddly on the oldest rocks in my tank which seems weird to me considering how long its been since i added anything.

My frog actually just started to open up again a few days ago, he missed his buddies i'm guessing.

I took care of 1 of the aiptasia with a blowtorch and the other with super glue gel, I'm hoping.

Glad froggy's making a good turn for ya!

10. Seano Hermano

Hopefully I will have time to upload some pics this weekend. My froggy looks so big! :D It's about half way done splitting one of the heads. I think another is going to split soon as well.

The color looks great from above. :)

11. Renton777

Renton777 Plankton

Excellent, looking forward to an update!

12. Seano Hermano

Hmm...a month late, but I will try to squeak an update in sometime this week.

Dad called and said that a snail had gotten into my sump return section. I guess it got into the pump and it snapped all the blades off the impeller. So now I have to order a new one. -_-

Vinny sent me a model plane he built/put together so I could put in my tank as a plane crash. I can't wait to see it get covered in coralline algae! :D