Seano's 29G Reef

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Seano Hermano, Feb 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

hahaha. :) What's the closest one? I usually go to Aquarium Adventure on Sawmill Rd, West Dublin. But I don't know how close that really is. You have to get on the highway to get to it.

We will have to see how my classes go and how busy I am first, then make the final decision. :p Orientation/scheduling will be sometime mid-June. But I plan to get a summer job, then an on-campus job, so funds shouldn't be much of a problem

2. Click Here!

3. Renton777

Renton777 Plankton

I have been to Home page a few times. My friend lives 10mins from there so when we go down there for the weekend I swing over to phishy business. Very nice saltwater shop!

4. Seano Hermano

Oh, yes. I have been to there once. They have a great shop (owned by a few hobbyists) with a nice selection of fish/corals. :) I don't go as often because it's pretty far from where my relatives live. Now I'll have an excuse. :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. Seano Hermano

I found my first aipatsia ever in the tank today. :eek:

6. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

7. Seano Hermano

Got some bubble algae too. But the monti is coloring up again, and the two pavona frags I have are finally encrusting after 2 months.

8. Click Here!

9. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Finally! Glad the corals are looking better, Sean. got any pics?

10. Seano Hermano

Doing dishes at the moment. I should update with some photos though. :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Glad to hear about the corals coloring up. Sorry about the aptasia though lol.

12. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Sorry to hear about aiptasia! I don't goto a particular lfs because every tank has it. How do you think it got in your system and how did it just "appear"?
    Deal with the bubble algae sooner than later, it really starts to spread. Best method I found is what mr. Saltwatertank tv did and use thin air hose to siphon the bubbles out but if you can seperate that rock into a bucket first or tupperware thatd be ideal. My emerald crab never touches that stuff and hardly moves, sometimes I wonder if my emerald crab hs brain damage because she never does anything and makes me consider adding a second one as a friend and hopefully it'll be more active andless skittish.

If I were you dude I'd slowly and calmly remove the rock the aiptasia is on, dry therock best yo can then take a lighter or torch and burn the aiptasia and surrounding rock area long and hard. Kill any any every living possible cell of life in that spot of rock, rinse off nd dry, burn again, rinse off then put back in your tank. That's probably one of the most efficient and safest ways to kill aiptasia without the rock of releasing spores. Good luck dude I hope you can get it under control!