Seachem Salinity Salt Mix Coming This Month - Specs

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

It's not sold on-line. If your LFS carries SeaChem products ask them to get you a bucket.

But honestly I don't see what the hoopla was about. I won 2 buckets of this stuff at MACNA and am using one now. IMHO it is actually a step down from my normal salt which is RedSea Coral Pro.

It does mix consistantly @
    mag 1340
    calc 440
    alk 10
    pH 8.2
    So that is a plus

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Im just curious because a friend of mine had me dip my finger in water and then in the bucket of salt mix. It caused the salt on my finger to super heat as the water reacted with all the calcium in the mix. It almost burnt my finger. I hadnt heard of anyone else using it before so I thought Id atleast look into it. I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt in my systems as well. Im happy with it but if this stuff is the cats pajamas Id be willing to give it a shot.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I was messing with my pump in the mixing container and my hands burned like fire.
    I'll be going back to RSCP when this bucket of Salinity is gone. I gave the other away. I like Red Sea's high numbers when mixed. I like to keep mag at 1450-1500 so there's no need to bump it up like I do when I w/c with Salinity.

The other thing I DO like about Salinity is that there is no mixing time needed. As a matter of fact SeaChem recommends that you don't let it mix long because it will begin to precipitate out as CO2 is mixed in. This is truly a salt you can mix and pour.

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Thats pretty crazy. Totally the opposite of what is normal for salt mixes.

6. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

i didn't know that. mine sits for days before i add it. i might need to change up the routine.

i have been using "salinity" for a little over a year and have been happy with it. my parameters have stayed much more constant compared with the salts i used before (never used RSCP). however, i do dose two part and i don't keep my mag nearly as high as you.

7. MinimumPhase

MinimumPhase Astrea Snail

I found the cost to be higher. Don't have the number off the top of my head

8. Click Here!

9. ViPete1985

ViPete1985 Astrea Snail

I have been using this salt mix for about 3 months now I live in long island pets wear house in Copiague has been carrying it and it is a bit more expensive than ur average salt mix but not nearly as much as tropic Marin.... My SpS have responded very well as all my coral have, I switched from red sea coral pro and all my levels have increased (mag, alk, ph,calc) overall great salt I like it a lot n will b sticking with it..... It does take a little while longer to clear up after mixing but no big deal....it's hard to find online so hopefully ur local fish stores will all be carrying it