Seachem Reef Builder

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Wrassman, May 14, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Roger!!!

How were you dosing the Marine Buffer?? What was the schedule?? Could you give us the specifics??

[glow=Red, 6, 99%]THAT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!![/glow]

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Kent makes balanced additives also. But if you really read what Randy Holmes-Farleys says then you will notice that he does talk about the plus side of 2 part additives like CalxMax and
    B-Ionic and never mentions Seachem additives. He does say to use Kent powered calcium to supplement.
    To me seachem is good but you shell out more money then you would for CalMax or B-Ionic
    which are better grade of calcium then seachem is.

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I started off with b- ionic Naut but in order to get my cal level up there I was starting to use 3 little cups of each a day I was going through the stuff by the gallon! And still getting cal. test at 380
    Although as it stated in the article that faultly test kits could be to blame and at the time my S.G. was at 1.022 and I read I belive in marine fish and reef 2003? that unless your S.G is at 1.025 all tests will be skewed because they are made for testing water of that S.G. and have since raised it to 1.025 so that could have been my problem with with the b-ionic but I have to say it would be hard to switch back now

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=MASON link=board=Product;num=1052972447;start=0#12 date=03/08/04 at 12:44:15]I started off with b- ionic Naut but in order to get my cal level up there I was starting to use 3 little cups of each a day I was going through the stuff by the gallon! And still getting cal. test at 380
       Although as it stated in the article that faultly test kits could be to blame and at the time my S.G. was at 1.022 and I read I believe in marine fish and reef 2003? that unless your S.G is at 1.025 all tests will be skewed because they are made for testing water of that S.G. and have since raised it to 1.025 so that could have been my problem with with the b-ionic but I have to say it would be hard to switch back now [/quote]

If that is the issue the re-read the article. Randy says to get your tank balanced with what is needed calcium or alk. If Calcium to use Kent powder turbo calcium and use the calculator and once you have hit the target area then re-start the 2 part additive like CalxMax or b-ionic to stabilize it or keep it in the target area.

Calculator = http://www.kademani.com/reefchem.htm

6. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

The 2 part additives: is that one for the cal and the other for alk? thus balancing them by adding both at the same time?

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Yes , the 2 pictures I posted. CalxMax and B-inoic