Sea Apple IOTM: Jan '09

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by PharmrJohn, Jan 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

2. Click Here!

3. iSKIM

iSKIM Astrea Snail

Hi, I just got a Australian Sea Apple. As I was acclimating it opened up to feed while he was in the bucket now I put him into my tank and it has been 2 days and he hasn't opened to feed yet..? Is this normal? and he is on some of my live rock in a spot with good current levels the only problem I was having was that my nitrates were at 80 and I treated it before I put it in and have been testing it for the past 2 days.. HELP!?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Wow, I am so sorry. I just now saw your post. I wasn't paying very good attention. I know you lost it recently and it reeked havoc on your tank. You just happened to pick the most dangerous and squirley Sea Apple to put in your tank. The Australian can be a nightmare. Again.....sorry about that.

For future viewers, I am thinking the nitrates set this one off. Just a guess, but, like I said, the Australian is a tweaky little thang.

5. Cat4wisson

Cat4wisson Feather Duster

Great Article, makes me want to get one for my tank they are beautiful, maybe with another 5 years of experience under my belt. Good Luck.

Cat4wisson

6. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I have had two in my tank for nearly a year and one of them for at least three years. Everybody loves them.

Great article

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I wonder if these are really more hearsay to be difficult than they really are.

I mean, I have 2 sea cucumbers in my tank, and sometimes people ask if I am worried about them nuking the tank. I have never once worried about that.

A sea cucumber and a sea apple have to be so closely related that they taste the same;)