Scratched Glass

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dtippetts, Oct 4, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dtippetts

dtippetts Astrea Snail

Ok was just wondering if there is anyway i can repair scratched glass in my aquarium...the tank was given to me and i didnt even realize it till i turned my lighting hood on..when i did i was like "holy Crap" i dont know what he used to clean it but it is scratched all over the inside. Can i repair this before i start my tank up. PLEASE HELP!!

2. Click Here!

3. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Sorry to hear that because as far as I know there is no way to repair. Is there any water in the tank now? If there isn't try putting some in you may not notice the scratchs if they're not deep.

4. dtippetts

dtippetts Astrea Snail

and no i dont have any water in it yet

5. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I would do a test run with the tank to see if the scratches are visible with water in the tank. It would suck if you put you substrate into the tank and then have to remove it. Good luck.

How big is this tank? If it is large it may be worth replacing the front glass. If you run your finger nail along the glass and can feel the scatch you will probably be able to see it when filled with water.

6. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

Be carefull if they are deep. with the pressure of the water it could burst. Thats how you cut glass, by putting a deep scratch in and snapping it!

7. dtippetts

dtippetts Astrea Snail

none of them are deep there just fine scratches that what looks like from cleaning