Scooter Blenny

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Gaspare, Aug 31, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szczurekk

szczurekk Plankton

hi, I have a blenny scooter for about 6 months now and never experienced any problem feeding him . He eates from the first day and never stoped since than . I feed him frozen brineshrimp with spirulina of hikari brand . He loves it .To reach the food of bottom of the tank I have to switch off the main pump for a few minutes .He doesn`t eat anything else but he looks pretty healthy .

2. Click Here!

3. szczurekk

szczurekk Plankton

hello , I have a scooter blenny for about 6 months now and never experienced any problem . He started eating from the first day. I feed him brine shrimp with spirulina ( hikari brand ) and he has to be quick to get his share because of my tangs and dwarf angels which are fast eaters.
    To make a life easier for him I switch off maine pump for a few minutes so the food can reach the bottom of the tank . So far so good he looks pretty healthy .

1 person likes this.
  4. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

Very cool! You can also try and target feed with a turkey baster if you want just to make sure it gets its fair share too.

Only issue with dragonets is they do pretty much eat all the time so hopefully you have a good pod population as well.

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I am lucky to have an LFS that not only carries dragonets, they also carry copepods. This is a rare treat. They also feed the dragonets while they're in the store!! I know, I know....amazing, right?!

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I added some copods when I set up my 40 gallon breeder awhile ago. How do you know when you have a good population?

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Wow.. this is the 4th time this thread has been necro'd... it's very old and very dead.

Over 2 years since the last comment and 8 years since it was started.

8. Click Here!

9. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

the population thing for anyone who is listening is determined by holding a flashlight to the tank for about ten minutes and the copepods will come to the light. LOL