Saying Goodbye to 3reef.........................

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by {Nano}Reefer, May 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Hey stay strong and fight, you can beat this. Best wishes.

2. Click Here!

3. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

I can't say I know what you're going through but I came close with low grade displaysia of the esophagus.
    I would ask that you be sure to let your loved ones around you participate fully in your new journey.
    My wife has helped me tremendously in letting me be an integral part of her journey for the last two years in her battle against metastasized colorectal cancer.
    I was basically going to pieces and my wife allowing me to help her even more than necessary, was what put me back on a sane track again.
    Other than having cancer yourself, the next worse thing is having a loved one with cancer and you are unable to do anything about it.

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Stay positive....be realistic but dont give up yet! I have been an oncology nurse for over 14 years and I can tell you one thing.....your spirit and will to live will help you far more then you can imagine! I have seen MANY times a patient that was given no chance of survival do just fine cause they had the will to live and knew they could beat it. I also have seen people with early stage of the disease that had a great chance of survival do poorly...cause they knew they would do poor and said it coming into treatment. So STAY POSITIVE....You can beat this!

Trust your doctors, do some research but be weary about advice given on the internet.

I completely understand you wanting or having to give up the hobby at this point. You dont feel up to caring for it. But it might give you the distraction to help you get through. Is there anybody that can help you keep up with the tank? Local reefers in your area?

Good luck...and you will be in my prayers and thoughts Hang in there and let us know if there is anything that we can do

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Oh man... I am sorry dude

70% though? You got this man. Kick cancer's ass.

6. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Try to stay positive and try to stay as happy as possible. Watch every comdey you can get your hands on. The Mind has an undeniable healing ability.

7. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I know the death at the door feeling man, It is very scary, I lost part of my heart and was at the door but found a short cut back to the living, I will smoke and pray for you....(I am an American Indian and we smoke when we pray,,,,not tobacco though) You will regret shutting your tank down, mine is such a comfort...
    Spotted Horse

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

I wish you a quick recovery with all my heart!!!

10. Optimist

Optimist Peppermint Shrimp

Dude, I haven't even read anyone else's comments, I had to just write you. You never offended anyone in any of the threads I've seen. You've always helpped. The only thing I can tell you I SWEAR.... STAY POSITIVE man! Without getting into personal stories, I can swear to you that if you stay positive, it'll all work out in the end. The lord works in mysterious ways. That hit from your step-mom was not the cause of your condition but it enabled you to go get checked and find what you have so you could fix it before it WAS too late.
    STAY STRONG DUDE! If you need some positive one on one, I can talk to you on the phone before you go in. You got this man... normal proceedure!
    Kudos for being the man!

11. divott

divott Giant Squid

words in events like this feel kinda hollow in a sense. in the way that one wishes they could do more. but when they are sincerely and truely meant, i think they have meaning. i wish you the best in everything that you will be going through. most of all a quick healing and coming back stronger than ever. in body and mind. and the mind is the strongest medical helper. keep a positive attitude and stay strong with the help of friends, family , including this 3reef family. again, best of luck with all that you are going through.

12. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Hope everything goes well nano...... We'll see you when you get better;).
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.