Salvaged Acros and monti, think they'll make it?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Magnus, May 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Lol, I'll consider that option Telgar! My neighbors do have a camera and they do owe me a few favors, so Night-Rida's suggestion may be a viable one. I'll ask them tonight.

I think the pieces are not as bad as they thought. I also found a brittle star, an acro crab, a xenia with 3 heads and a red shroom that may not make it.

There are a couple of frags of stylophora, with unknown polyp color yet and also several unknown acro pieces.
    I took pictures with my phone, but still can't find the adapter for the phone memory to regular SD so I can plug it in my laptop :(

This always happens to me, one of Murphy's laws.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

Hope they all make it and good luck.

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

cant you email pics from a phone to a regular email address? Pretty sure I did that once or twice with my crappy 3 year old LG on verizons network.

5. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I gotta do some stuff before 7, I'm going to ask my neighbors for their camera and take a few pictures before I leave. I hope they are going to be home.

My phone is an old construction rated phone and even though it has proven to be indestructible, it doesn't have internet, added that we don't have a plan with internet enabled for our phones... it sucks.

I'll go see if they're home in 30 minutes. I really want your opinions on whether they'll make it or not. C ya in a bit.

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Well, got my neighbors camera.
    I'm charging the battery now.... LOL !!!
    I got it all set up so I can take the pictures and post them as soon as I get a little charge in that sucker ;)

- Mag.

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Without further ado....

Salvaged Corals pictures by Miltonga79 - Photobucket

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. The neighbors have a pretty old camera, but at leas they have one, right? ;)

- Mag.

PS: The corals in plugs were already in the tank. I super glued the salvaged acros, etc to the big disks. And stuck a piece here and there.

8. Click Here!

9. evojoe67

evojoe67 Aiptasia Anemone

Dr. Fragenstein, yeah that's what we should call you! "It's alive"! It's alive"!

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

i think you got a chance to get lucky with a couple of those actually. Ive seen worse come back! If you get a strawberry shorcake acro frag im calling dibs

11. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I hope I do get lucky with them. They would look nice if my aquascape idea turns out when I get more rock. Strawberry shortcake ... would be very nice! :) I think they're mostly of the same species, there's also some sort of plate that was in the bin, just dropped it in there too. Looks brownish, so nothing fancy, I don't think.

I really hope they come back!! Then you can call me that ;)

All and all, I think some of them may make it as well. It would be really rewarding if that was the case.

- Mag

12. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

alot of those will make it back as long as your water parms are good and stable. just give'em the light they need and 1 month from now we'll see improvement! wish I could find a hookup like that. btw I like the new t5 light bulb combo! ati blue plusx2,aquablue,& 75.25 ..