salt water tank general cost

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Reillysky3, Jan 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CHRISHHI

CHRISHHI Plankton

I started with a 30 gal, and pieced together for the first year. Start up probably 300 dollars. Look on Craigslist, a week after I started mine a found a full tank 75 gal with live rock and fish for 300. People get in and then get out because of the work. But if it is fun, it isn't work.

2. Click Here!

3. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

Hmmm, semi permanent place in your parents place. Go with a 20L and you can use less expensive equipment. two bulb t5ho, hob skimmer, smaller power heads etc. Plus it would mean you can start off with less LR and less sand than say, a 40B. Plenty fo stuff in the classifieds section. heck, I bet there's plenty even on your local craigslist.

4. Nano24ryan

Nano24ryan Astrea Snail

I started my 24 gallon nanocube all in one system and was in the tank with free stand from dr fosters for 250 free shipping. After live rock, live sand and salt water I was into it for about 500. My neighbor gave me an xtra powerhead, heater and skimmer for free so that was nice! After a little bit cuc some corals more and more coral and after 3 months finally fish I'm in the whole thing for around 1000+. Love the coral and fish and all well worth it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359601822.737286.jpg

5. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

The best way to go is without a doubt craigslist. If you live in a metropolitan area, there are people unloading systems allll the time.