Salt Water Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by bland8126, Oct 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vu Nguyen

Vu Nguyen Flamingo Tongue

If you buy at the right time, they are not very pricey. Also, there are members getting out. Buying from them is a lot more affordable...

2. Click Here!

3. Vu Nguyen

I don't suggest buy used salt by the way. Just buy brand new boxes..... Safer that way :)

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Like what

5. Vu Nguyen

Lol, I would say no comments; -)

Piano10 likes this.
  6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Is it not common for hobbyists to "push" products that work?

If someone gets good results, most hobbyists want to share their success, as well as share which products don't work as well. I don't see a problem with this.

As for the information, one needs to understand that it is the Internet, and forums are contributed to by multiple people, generally if someone posts some bad info, others will correct it.

Vu Nguyen likes this.
  7. Vu Nguyen

I have been waiting for someone who actually knows aquarium plumbing posting something on my questions :)

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Didn't know that information was relevant to this thread :)

I find that vinny is well versed in plumbing.

10. Vu Nguyen

It is very relevant, but I am not sure we are on the same page though!

11. reefermadness420

reefermadness420 Flamingo Tongue

Well since you asked I was watching videos on fragging and this guy kept pushing the same fragging kit as the best around. Come to find out he's sponsored by the company. I wont name names but go on YouTube and you will find him

12. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I personally don't buy the bucket of salts because I get concerned about the fact that it can harden or with time lose its consistency. The effectiveness of products becomes lower with time and every time you open the bucket to use it, its exposed to air and moisture. I have 2 small tanks so I will run into the issue more do than those who use a lot of salt. I had a bag go hard on me although i sealed it after use and the same thing happened in a sealed bucket.

I never personally push any products because I have seen the trend for yrs. Most ppl use the same equipment and products because it starts off with person A saying they are great and then everyone else follows. Person A could work for a company pushing the product and you'd
    Never know.

I think its best to take advice from those you see have a good reputation, trust those who aren't pushing a particular product but offering many forms of advice. Do a lot of research and never take a persons advice as 100% accurate.

reefermadness420 likes this.
: salt mix