Salt Water Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by bland8126, Oct 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefermadness420

reefermadness420 Flamingo Tongue

yea if you are doing a reef tank the reef crystals are worth the extra money never heard of It being a waste especially with instant ocean its a quality product. I started wiith it and probably will stick with it forever.

2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

I either use reef crystals or brightwell. Depends which one is on sale. I do like how brightwell mixes though and how 250 grams less of it mixes to 1.026 compared to reef crystals. Either way my sps are thriving and growing quick.

reefermadness420 likes this.
  4. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I always used instant ocean salt but have changed to their reef crystals and I love that it disolves instantly unlike the regular salt.

You certainly can use distilled, ro/di is best but distilled is still good. I buy my ro water and mux the water and salt the night before.

5. Vu Nguyen

Vu Nguyen Flamingo Tongue

I have 2 buckets left. I will be another 2 years before I run them out. They have the salt on sale like yearly. I could have gotten the Reef Crystal too, but I was counting on dosing.....hmmm

6. reefermadness420

but not having to dose is your best option if you are doing water changes and replenishing elements with reef crystals it will save you headaches later on no?

7. Vu Nguyen

You got a point there. I used to use Red Sea Pro and the alk was like through the roof.... Still learning every day :)

8. Click Here!

9. reefermadness420

I figure its a never ending learning everyday I learn something new especially with sites like this people with first hand account going through the same processes and problems it definitely helps

10. Vu Nguyen

Yup. However, you need to filter inaccurate information :); Just because someone posts it, it does not mean he knows what he is talking about.

11. reefermadness420

very true I've seen lots of misleading information. People pushing products and such

12. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Instant ocean.
    If you want to bring the alk calcium and mag up then just buy the additives and ad it your self.
    If you don't want to do that then spend the extra money for Red Sea PC or Reef crystals. If you're in high school and on a budget might as well go the cheap route.
    How big is the tank?

: salt mix