salt mixture cloudy

Discussion in 'Salt' started by jefdro320, Oct 7, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jefdro320

jefdro320 Plankton

started a salt mix yesterday (10-6-13) and water is still cloudy used reef crystal salt mix like always and ro/di water and the home depot bucket I have used since day one salinity is at 1.024 and using the the same powerhead this is the first time I have had this issue the only thing I noticed is the bag of salt had a hole in it didn't notice it until I got home my question is can I still use this mix even though its cloudy

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you did not mix a large amount I would mix another batch and see if it is cloudy as well. After 24 hours RC mixes clear for me with a little residue but not enough to cloudy the water. Better safe than sorry. If it does mix cloudy again I would return the bag.

4. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

+1 to Corailline. BTW, your profile picture caught me way off guard.

1 person likes this.
  5. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

If you added the mix to a smaller amount of water than needed and added more water after mixing,it mat have caused some precipitation in which case your new water would not have the correct amounts of some elements.

6. jefdro320

jefdro320 Plankton

like I said been using rc since day one and never had this issue will try a new batch and see what happens thanks for quick reply

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

was wondering about that comment :) Well, welcome to the posting side of 3reef!