[Sad day] My ORA Mandarin - Progress Log

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by kcbrad, Jul 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

I'm sorry KC :(
    Please let me know if you are needing a replacement mandarin sometime. This doesn't help you now but if I would have known that you want some cylopeeze I could have thrown in a bar for you last week.

Try to find cylopeeze freezer bars if you are wanting cylopeeze in the future. Great LPS food too. I bet a LFS has them around your area. They have less fillers in them and are really concentrated. Much more bang for the buck.

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Thanks Alston. I got a pair of red scooter dragonets that are eating prepared food very, very vigorously. It's much easier on me!

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well i got bored and decided to revie this thread, if you will lol. Sorry about your mandarin, but reading this whole thing kind of helps me out. Guess if i ever get one in the future from ORA i better have like a ton of fish food: a copepod hatchery, brine shrimp hatchery, frozen mysis and brine, cyclops, flake food, pellets, every damn food thats out there!

5. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

mandarins are a major challenge to keep in anything but the largest tanks

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That would help to be prepared but as bvp mentioned below these fish are difficult - I have ORA Cardinals that took to food pretty quick and are pigs.

8. Click Here!

9. Reeferman

Reeferman Plankton

I know this is an old thread but live brine shrimp both my spotted and blue both eat brine one is an ORA and one is wild both love the live brine

10. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

11. lps1212

lps1212 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

sucks to hear anyone losing fish in the hobby i jumped on 1 my buddy was sellin from a breakdown an ora spotted mandarin i am going to be picking her up this weekend will try to post up pics if that happens she has been with him for 6 months now eating pellets so im excited to have her

12. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Exactly. Without pods or something similar, the mandarin will slowly die from malnutrition, even if it is eating well.