Rubbermaid "Warning"

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by omard, Jun 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Omard when I was tearing down my 180 I pulled my rubermaid fuge out and it had a crack in the bottom of it. Guess I know where that mysterious water seep was coming from...

I went ahead and replaced the fuge with a slightly larger one. I also left the lid on the new one and just cut out the inside of the lid to give it more support against flexing.

I was wanting to replace the actual sump portion while I had it apart but couldn't find the right sizes... everything felt pliable so I think I'm good on that part.

When we move I'm going to set up a fish room and run a 75 gallon as a sump. Only a few years away...

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Just order ya a 600g, then you can use you're current one as a frag tank :)

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I use the TuffTubs, they're made of ABS plastic, about 1/8" thick. Been using one as a growout tank for almost 3 yrs with no problems an no sign of fatigue.

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

These are cool, I just found this info on them too

"Tuff Tub products are heavy duty, general purpose, and impact resistant, so they're virtually unbreakable. And because they're resistant to heat, cold, and UV light, they will withstand years of outdoor exposure without cracking - guaranteed. Tuff Tub products, made from 100% recycled LDPE, are so tough, they come with a five year warranty. Tuff Tub products are even paintable, so you can add your own color finish."

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I love them! Im currently using one as a fish tank, haha! or should I say pond?

7. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

8. Click Here!

9. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

i also use all-glass tanks for my sump, ref, and frag tank i found a site www.glass-holes.com
    they sell all sorts of cool stuff and the cheapest glass holes saws ever and all sorts of bulk heads they have very fast shipping and great customer service and the hole saw worked great give it a try for your next sump

10. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Dang those are cheap! Scary cheap. Who needs some holes drilled?? ;D