Rtn????

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Camkha1234, May 2, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Sorry to hear. I went through something like this recently l. Lost a bunch of mini colonies in a few weeks time. I fragged and a couple pieces had single polyp survive and are now regrowing. I super glued around some dying areas. It work for one piece.

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Some loss

Attached Files:

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Some pieces with a little tissue growing back.

Attached Files:

5. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Man, that really sucks. Glad to hear that you were able to save some, though. Yeah this frag is a total loss. Oh well. I guess things like this happen sometimes.

6. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

After I lose my sps I never buyed one again. I feel that my little biocube is not clean enough for sps to grow properly. i know that the less organics in the water the better coral tissue can grow, and since i am pretty slack on my water changes, also have primarily lps which dont mind my lazier habits.. it was just a shame seeing a coral die before my eyes not know what to do.

i hope the grim reaper doesnt jump to the next one, i also still wonder why it happened to this coral in the first place... was it new and died from stress?

7. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Honestly, I have no idea. It seemed to be doing fine before this happened.

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Mine tied from a low pH close to 7. A lot of things can trigger it.

I have a 20 gallon. I actually am a firm believer in a lot of organics being necessary for sps. When I had low bio load, my DPS didn't grow or color. When I added more fish and multiple feedings, things colored up tremendously and growth exploded.