Ropefish Sick?

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by klownh8er, Nov 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. klownh8er

klownh8er Plankton

I'm still working on my reef tank right now but I just got a new addition to my 30gal FW tank. My rope fish just hides at the top behind my emperor 400 filter. Is that normal??? At the lfs he was active and at the bottom to the mid level of the tank. Do I need some caves in there with him? I only have 2 plastic plants, 3 neon tetras, 1 betta, 1 pleco. Each fish is from 1-2" and the pleco is about 7".

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

whoever sold you that guy is either dumb or just wanted your money. Ropefish are hnters, he will eat anything he can fit in his mouth once he is adjusted. I work at a fishstore, we feed our rope fsh worms and small fish. You should have alot of rocks for him to hide in. Get him out asap if you like your neons.

4. klownh8er

klownh8er Plankton

lol thanks for the reply but I already moved him to the arowana tank. he was supposed to stay by himself but I guess he'll have some company... They seem to be getting along but I have noticed them just staring at eachother blankly.