Room Divider - World Citizen

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by World Citizen, May 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

As a result of all the feeding for the filter feeders... I get this :)

I am kind of happy with them... they look pretty nice! Let them come!... after 2 years there are more and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

4. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

thanks for the info on the bio pellets i have reactors already from my carbon and gfo, and i have the bio pellets just have not had the time to put them in, nice to see a tank doing well with them i have read some pretty bad review. thanks again for the info.

5. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

No problem! What did you read ? The only golden advise is to not let them clog up... If they clog they will release bad gasses.. This doesn't mean everything will die.. but it could be bad.

In the Netherlands we use it more and more.

Keep in mind that I am also testing.. but so far my eye says its working.. But there is nothing scientific about my eye :) (water parameters are of course also ok)

6. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

well i have read that a recirculating reactor, a strong protein skimmer, a output from the the reactor that goes directly into the skimmer, not letting the pellets stop tumbling are all key to useing bio pellets properly plus that they can strip the tank of oxygen, potassium and nitrate but with your feeding habits you shouldn't have that issue.

7. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

recirculating reactor
    Well.. Thats the solution to starving your tank.. This way you can manage the outflow, and manage the nutrients in the water.
    That is why I advise a cone shaped bottom in a normal fluid bed filter. The cone will push the water upwards so the pellets will turn over with less flow. You can always increase you flow to increase cleaning... With my feeding pattern I can't starve the tank this way.

strong protein skimmer
    Yes, this is probably better, but again.. we don't want to starve the tank. So you better start with a normal setup... My output is directed at my return pump.. So the water runs directly back in the tank.

not letting the pellets stop tumbling
    I agree 100% , I do have to say that I never have seen problems with the gas. People tend to start with canister filters.. (cheaper) And I have seen them run completely clogged up for weeks. Yes there was this bad smell when I opened it up.. but there where no problems in the tank. Maybe this is because I always create LOTS of surface distortion. So there is a good gas exchange of gasses at the surface.. You should really have some small waves..
    Also keep your air in you canopy fresh.. So put a computer fan somewhere and push in fresh air. I am even considering to get this form outside...

oxygen, potassium and nitrate
    I've read this to.. keep in mind, I have a weird feeding pattern, so maybe I am different. But I and some of my friends have not seen this happen..

Starving a tank is pretty hard. If you have some fish.. I would be amazed if you could get the water cleaner as the real ocean.

8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Do I spy a flower urchin here?
    Brave soul you are. :p

Gorgeous tank and home.

10. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

Yes you do :) :)

Boy do I love Urchins. It al started with the urchins.. And then there came the time I could order it..

I NEVER go in my tank without locating it.. I am still alive after 6 months :)

But on the other hand... Playing with a Flower Urchin - YouTube

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  11. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

Yes my new gadgets are in... Lets see if these things work for there couple of dollars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Interesting how much that unit looks like the Bubble Magus unit, minus the button array.

Perhaps a difference of your part of the world/market vs. ours?