Room Divider - World Citizen

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by World Citizen, May 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pwsk

pwsk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

2. Click Here!

3. painterjoe

painterjoe Astrea Snail

Beautiful tank, love the design of the stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow. Great vid. You have a nice camera there and I love your lighting. What bulbs are those?

5. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

Hi,

Its a standard NIKON D5100 with stock/kit 18x55 mm lens. Most is shot under heavy sunny daylight. With windows open 360degrees around... This is a must. If I have any less external light.. I get blue pictures. Some of the shots are not so good... you can see in the movie...

Reflection is a big problem ... when there is this much light. I have probably 500 more shots with motion I can't use due to reflection. So there are certain angles I can do... Thats why there will be part 2 and 3.. and... and.. :)

Inside there are 2 HQI 14k bulbs... And 2 Blue (need to be replaced) unknown fluorescent bulbs (I hope I got these technical terms correct?) (I mean Construction site bulbs and those long tubes :) )

6. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

i tip my hat to you on that vid.
    :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

7. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

that is pretty much the tank of my dreams and many others i am sure, what i would like to know is all the info that you could give on your bio pellet setup, please and thank you.

8. Click Here!

9. Leonard

Leonard 3reef Sponsor

Really nice setup! I'll let AA readers know about this thread tomorrow :)

1 person likes this.
  10. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

I will ! In a few hours I have written it down.. The rest of the technical setup will follow in day.. I have to translate a bit.

Thanks so much!

11. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

Bio pellets.

I run them for 4 months now.. And they seem to dissolve. So there is something going on. I can't tell you the Chemical workings of the product, and the exact effect on the tank. Its way too soon, and Even scientist are debating about it.

I can give you my experience.

I have to feed LOTS of food. I feed 3 different size of dry food, 3 types of liquid and some bigger things for fish. Life food I breed myself.

All this food is needed for filter feeders. (not an statement but my experience)

I will explain the rest of the technique but heres the Bio Pellets.

I run them in a fluidized bed filter. They run the whole day.. I tried a canister filter but this won't work. Everything will clog together.

I used to use lots of Carbon and Phoskiller. But , thats expensive. The biopellets stay longer. I am trying to figure out if it will banish all the carbon and phos killer needed... but I think I still need to run Phoskiller.

My No2 3 Po4 is just on the edge of acceptable limits.

My advise is to buy a fluid filter which has a cone-shaped bottom. The current will more easily rotate the pellets, so you don't NEED to have lots of current. This way you can add current for aggressive filtering. It seems impossible for me to starve the tank... People say Bio pellets will starve your tank of NO, and this is not healthy for some soft corals. But I can't seem to get it that low.. (remind the feeding pattern )

Ill have to check and see what exact amount of flow is going true it.

So they run all day.. In a fluid filter.
    My levels are Just in the borders, with aggressive feeding.

It takes a week btw for me to see effects of biopellets. So don't go checking your water the first 3 days.

Any other questions? Pleas Feel free, I will try my best to write it down.

12. HOSTA333

HOSTA333 Astrea Snail