Rods Food is the best

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by DaDaAtlanta, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wigginsreef

wigginsreef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

yeah I like rods food too, but it's insanley expensive at my LFS like $30 a bag. How much are others paying in other cities???

2. Click Here!

3. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

bout 17.99 for a sheet/bag here in IL at my LFS. $30 is nuts

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

ebay has it for 17.99... if you spend over 50.00 it is free shipping so if you buy in bulk then its totally worth it :)

5. N2DeepSpSman

N2DeepSpSman Astrea Snail

I have been feeding my fish the herbivore blend and my corals the coral blend for about six months if your feeding the corals i would only feed once weekly or the possibilities of your nitrates going up is prob good. Another trick to there food is to put a small amount in 30 min before you actually spot feed that way corals have full polyp extension. As far as the fish food goes unless u have alot of fish that is a bunch and this food is easy to over feed and make your par. Go out the roof just some hints for thought.

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I mix in pe mysis, krill, and brine to my food cup with tank water in it, and let it thaw. I then use a turkey baster to spot feed corals, and the fish go nuts then.

Mattheuw1 buys it from where I buy it from:)

7. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

We use Rods food and pay 9.99 for the smaller bag and 19.99 for the large one at our local store.