Rock to aquarium gallon ratio

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by MajesticCoral, Sep 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

Ha obviously I'm new.... Yeah I took some water out and exchanged it with fresh and will see how it does tomorrow but I think I might still have to take more out to get it where it should be.

I found a place online that sells pods so I think I might go that route and see what happens...next I'm waiting for the algae to take effect since I heAr everyone gets it lol

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

wheres your sg at? i, like a lot of others, keep the reef at 1.025, i still think LR is more fun lol...i just found a awesome looking starfish and a tiny little crab hitchhiker in my tank today...must have been hiding for about a year and i have never once seen them before today (actually i only sw the crabs leg but it was pushing a molt out of a hole so i grabbed up the molt for inspection and it was indeed a tiny crab!) see i havnt added new LR in a year and im still finding new things...im telling you its waaay more fun the all base rock!!! you dont get critters in base rock!!! and yep pretty much everyone gets the dreaded algae bloom...i kept my lights off when cycling and it seemed to help.

4. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

A little above 1.026 is where it's at after taking out like 52 cups of water and adding some fresh,funny thing is I follow the bag to the T in how much to add and it wasn't even close to being correct.
    Yeah perhaps some LR later down the line,hey least I got some LS lol

5. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

eh thats not too bad, thats about where mine gets if i skip a day of toppinf off (cant skip more then that though or i blow bubbles) what salt mix are you using...im the opposite lol i alway get way under and have to add 1/2 cupafter 1/2 cup til i get it right lol...i think that may just be me forgetting halfway how much ive already put in lol "12, 13, 14...uh wait how much did i put in?ummm... 21, 22, 23.." haha that happens a lot!

6. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

Well good news I got the salt stable at a good level and I did the ph,phosphate,phosphite,ammonia and other test and they all showed up good
    So I'm very happy lol.
    I used coraline salt it came in a bag for a 50G

7. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

Update- I ended up getting about 10 pounds of live rock from the lfs,i know it's not much but it's something to mix in with the base rock