RO water.

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by starfish2217, May 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I got my unit from Spectrapure and it came with a garden hose adapter already attached to it. It just screws on like a anything else you would attach. Why not hide it under your bathroom sink?

2. Click Here!

3. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

She HATES my hobby and doesn't want anything to do with it, she would be so PO'd im so tired of hearing her yell at me for things I do with this hobby its ridiculous I can barley mix saltwater i my kitchen without getting yelled at for making a "mess" that I clean up??? and its not even that bad she just doesn't want anything to do with it and thinks its a big fat waste of time and money.

4. starfish2217

If I touch under any of her sinks im never going to hear the end of it. Trust me I tried its so unfortunate.

5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I'm so sorry to hear that. My gf was that way in the beginning but now she likes it after seeing how peaceful they are and now that I'm actually selling corals to pay for everything I buy. However, I still have to go outside and use the hose to rinse anything out. If I even think about bringing something that touched my tank into the kitchen or any other sink to rinse it out I get an earful about how disgusting it is.

6. starfish2217

oh meee to... I don't think she will warm up until I move out haha. Im trying to find out if all units can be hooked up to the hose.. or if I could get some kind of attachment for them..

7. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Most should have some kind of attachment you could get extra if it didn't already come with one. Did you have a specific one you were looking at already?

8. Click Here!

9. starfish2217

I was just looking at some on amazon, im not really sure which one to get I cannot afford the really nice 300 dollar ones :/ Im a poor college student lol

10. Los1980

Los1980 Purple Spiny Lobster

wow! the LFS here in jersey charge 1 buck per gallon of fresh and 1.25 salt even 1.50 for salt per gallon!

11. starfish2217

I guess Utah just sux!!! It's like boxed saltwater it's just too expensive for me...

12. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I feel your pain. I've been a poor college student for the past 4 years. I would give Spectrapure a look, but I'm partial to them since I got mine there. I bought mine for around $90 I think. Nothing fancy and only 60 gpd or so. They used to advertise sales on here, not sure if they still do.