RO/DI Water

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by builderguy, May 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

They say it works on PVC also but I have never done it personally......................... John

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Are you talking about the waste water line or the water feed line?
    I have use this method only on copper tubing.
    But either way you go it should work out if this is the drain line.

4. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

It is for the feed line. The drain line is just gonna go on the PVC waste pipe under the sink. But the feed line I'm running is going to come off the back of the house and around into the garage. There is no plumbing in the garage slab so I was going to run some schedule 40 outside. I know that pressure is not an issue because I have run so much PVC irrigation line that is under a heck of a lot more pressure than house pressure.

Alternately, I could find a threaded PVC fitting w/valve on it for the 1/4" line into the Filter.

I was just curious if I could use the piercing fitting that came with the unit. I could try putting a sprinker riser at the end of the line and putting the tap into that. The risers are quite a bit thicker than
    regular PVC line.

What the heck, live and learn. There's one way to find out. I'll let you know if it works. [smiley=devilish.gif]

Thanks everybody :)

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I just checked the directions for my system and it says you can use the piercing tap on copper or ridged plastic piping ........................ John ;D

6. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Perfect timing John ;) ...I was just getting a list together of some odds and ends I will need to run the line into the garage. The price was very good on the RO unit but the directions were kind of shabby. But thanks to the smart people at 3Reef I'll have RO water for my Jack Dempsey tomorrow. ;D

[glow=red,2,300]ARES HAS SPOKEN[/glow]​

My 9" /5year old Dempsey is Ares, he just hit the water surface for a wad of tubifex worms as I was typing that last remark!

3Reef Forever!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Glad I could help, Have fun with your plumbing project ;);D

...............................................................John