RO/DI Water

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by builderguy, May 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. builderguy

builderguy Plankton

I'm think of getting the Dual Home/Reef from Air Water and Ice...why don't you want drinking water to go through the DI filter?

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I have an under the sink model myself I use it for drinking water and for my tank, A lot of people get a system and set it up just to there tank with a float valve for a auto top off system. It is a little cheaper to get a system just for your tank as you don't need a storage tank or a faucet, But like you I wanted to use my system for drinking water also.

4. builderguy

builderguy Plankton

okay...but why does the drinking water bypass the DI filter? Is it because of the cost and lifespan of the DI...that's my general impression anyway.

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

All RO/DI filter do the same thing when you want drinking water.
    The DI filter absorbs all minerals the your body needs to function properly.
    RO filter membranes filter out OBJECTS that are not small enough to fit through the tiny holes leaving the needing minerals.
    So once the DI is finished absorbing you have the purist water needed for an aquarium tank. The DI water also taste yukie IMO. This will not kill you right away but if over a long long period of time drinking this your system will shut down. Or you could drink it and take alot of multi vitamins.

7. builderguy

builderguy Plankton

Thanks for the ebay store....I saved a bundle over what I was going to spend and got a TDS meter to boot.

;D

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Glad I could help you out

John ;) ;D

10. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

You what???? :)

John

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Nautilus, I never heard that before? Aquafina bottled water is RO/DI water Also this is what is an my paperwork for my system

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  12. builderguy

builderguy Plankton

Fletch...have to agree...pure water is better...I prefer to get my minerals from supplements and veggies, etc. I think the purer the water the better