ro/di waste water

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by IBMGeek, Apr 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

What produces more of the waste water? The RO or DI unit?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

D.I has no waste water..

1 person likes this.
  4. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

Would getting JUST a DI unit be worth anything? I guess it's better than nothing, huh?

5. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Yes its a good deal ,If interested ? I'll get you some info on the ones we use at the aqua center where we culture corals and such . Great units and we are on well water..

7. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

Yea - that would be awesome if you could do that. I think I found what direction I want to head in!

Thanks!

8. Click Here!

9. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

I've been talking to the guys at "thefilterguys.biz" and he brought up a great point:

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Yes will you do not have to run rejection on a R/O either.. And I also have a friend in N.J that can get about 2 gallons of R/O through a 100 GPD filter before its clogged.. To many variables for anyone to tell anyone what a filter will do from a spec. sheet of a laboratory run when its applied to a field service application.. Water ain't just water . :) And all filtration systems are not the same . But remember I'm not trying to sell you anything either..

11. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

See... this is what I'm thinking. I've been using TAP water for about a year. The tank parameters have always been spot on. My water doesn't have any ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, or phosphates. The pH is about 7.8. It's hard water... and takes more than usual for me to get the pH up to 8.3.

Anyway, I just want to upgrade it a bit. Living in an apartment has it's challenges with waste water... especially when you're no on the first floor.

So, as long as one filter lasts about a month... I'll be happy.

What DI unit do you use?

12. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

He also added this when I asked him about a float valve:

I'm completely confused now. This was my plan; however, if he's saying it's not going to work... I'll just get a little tank and an auto top-off by Tunze or something.