RO/DI question

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by cuttingras, Sep 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Heck yeah Tangster! OK, now explain, in English, what I need to make the waste water stop too. LOL you forget who you're talking to here :lol:

pm me and let me know what you can build, with those busy hands of yours, to make the waste stop. the water going to the sump stops...

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

the instructions that came with mine were minimal at best, they might as well have been written in chinese......there were no instructions on rinsing filter. I don't have two outputs, a tank or a drinking spout thing. I got the ro/di and that's it. I've already replaced the filters once and this is what is currently in it, telling me how crappy or good this system might be, still doesn't answer my original question.:);) And since I've hooked it up, and the waste water keeps running, that tells me either I've hooked up up wrong(as per their instructions) or the auto shut of valve thing doesn't work. Hmmmm..... I'm back to the beginning......

I'll be back later tonight...got a job in atl. and I gotta run! Thanks y'all!

Stage Picture Filter Functions Replacement 1 [​IMG] 5 micron PP
    sediment filter
    to remove dirt, sediment, rust and sand particles 12 months 2 [​IMG] granular activated
    carbon filter
    to remove chlorine, chloramine, odor and chemicals 12 months 3 [​IMG] 5 micron coconut
    carbon block filter
    to remove remaining chemicals, pesticides and protect your membrane 12 months 4 [​IMG] USA Purolite color changing
    DI (De-Ionized) filter
    to remove hard water minerals 12 months 5 [​IMG] in-line granular activated
    carbon filter
    to pure tasting water 12 months 6 [​IMG] TFC (made in USA)
    100 GPD RO Membrane
    to removes 98% to 99.99% of all chemical and harmful dissolved elements and 99% of all bacteria 2 ~ 3 years

4. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

I just ordered one that looks just like that unit of ebay from a diffrent co. once i get it and try it out i'll see if it keeps running wast water, maybe together we can fig. it out. ;D

5. cuttingras

cool let me know what you come up with! I talked to a guy today who works for__________________(Jim fill in this blank for me, I forget) and he says his does it too.

6. homegrowncorals

ok i will just ordered it yesterday so it will be a week before i get it , but ill let you know what i find out. :)

7. cuttingras

who did you order it from? the same co as I did? did you get a tracking number yet? I love tracking #'s!

8. Click Here!

9. homegrowncorals

10. cuttingras

cool beans and yo got it for a WAY better price than I did, but then again, I bought mine almost 3 years ago....good goin! Hey ask Tangster how to make it more efficient. I'm going to take mine(top 3 chambers) and hang them vertical in the morning... ghettoriffic rigging comin up! using cable ties and some screw in the wall cup holders;D( I might even use some duct tape somewhere for effect) :hehe:

11. homegrowncorals

yes i was thinking of doing the vertical thing to and getting some of the high grade di beads for in it .

12. cuttingras

what chamber would you put the beads in? Jim explained to me about nitrates needing oxygen and ya know, that sounds like a good idea... anyone have any thoughts on it? Roger?