RO/DI Help Plz

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by philip_r5, Feb 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

The difference is how the DI resin reacts/works....on a vertical position the used resin will float to the top and you won't get residue coming out your feed line.

2. Click Here!

3. philip_r5

philip_r5 Feather Duster

What do you guys think about buying a used Ro/Di I can buy a Kent Marine Maxxima Hi-s 35 gpd Ro/DI system with TDS kits for about $100 shipped. Or should I just stick it out and spend about another 130 on a new one?

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

For $30.00 more you can get a new one? I'd rather get a new one, Who knows what condition the used one is. If the difference was big, I would tell you to get the used one, but for $30.00, no brainer. Having said all this, it boils down to whatever your bugdet says.

5. Chucky

Chucky Flamingo Tongue

Aqua safe ...i guess not!I've done a fair amount of trolling of forums and have found nothing bad said about filterdirect in fact only very very good things,not to mention there customer service seems to me to be of good quality..i.e email confirmation and ups tracking # within 24 hours of trans action and ample customer service contacts AND good customer reviews ...taken all into account sounds like a good company to me ,not to mention people have used this unit for years with no problems.. you be the judge 8)

Filter Direct Online Store (C)

Heres there online store... alot of ebay stores are not ebay exclusive.It's just an easier way to market there wares..hence the cheaper price tag , I think ;\

Filter Direct Online Store (C)

This is the unit they sell on ebay for 50 dollers cheaper then there main site.

btw clownfish did you get a refund ?!?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  6. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

I still advice Philip to stear away from eBay. The life of his fish are worth the extra cash for a name brand in this case.

7. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

I'm with Luna here, buy a new one.

8. Click Here!

9. philip_r5

philip_r5 Feather Duster

No the Kent Maxxima goes for around $230 and I was asking if buying a used one for $100 was stupid. I figured because its a good brand and such that I can buy new membranes and any other filter if needed. Im kinda leaning towards new because if I have to do this then I will be spending about another $60 on filters. I don't know, all I know is I need to get One :p

10. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

11. Z-Ice

Z-Ice Flamingo Tongue

slow water...

I like this unit too but I wanted/needed to have a tank. I will not have mine hooked up directly to my aquarium. If you are hooking it up to an ATO unit...everything is fine... but if not ...rethink things.. or buy a tank. If you do water changes how do you get your water at once? The RO/2DI unit does not produce fast enough. <-- Just an FYI.

That is why I went with the other system and got an extra DI unit added with resin for 15 bucks!

Zak

12. Z-Ice

Z-Ice Flamingo Tongue

Plus

Plus Doctors Froster & Smith's is in Wisconsin.....Go cheese-heads!

Zak