RO/DI Help Plz

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by philip_r5, Feb 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. philip_r5

philip_r5 Feather Duster

I am interested in getting and setting up a Ro/di system however, I live in a 2bedroom apartment and dont have a basement. I was wondering if anyone had any idea as of what I could do.

2. Click Here!

3. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

I'm in the same situation. A lot of people connect theirs to their washer, but I have mine sitting under the sink to hook up when I need it.:)

4. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I live in a house and still do the kitchen sink thing. I connect it to the faucet make 50 gallons and then disconnect...8)

5. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

put a T on the cold water side and run from there. could keep it hooked up all the time with aatoc

1 person likes this.
  6. philip_r5

philip_r5 Feather Duster

reef guru you are a very smart person here on 3reef and i thank you.

also thanks for the under the sank idea i didnt figure to disconnect it all the time and stuff like that.

then i could always put an atoc on it as well.

Thanks if anyone has any other ideas please let me know

7. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

Phil, I have this unit... AQUA-SAFE MAXIMUS II REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER - eBay (item 150216324257 end time Feb-19-08 18:30:00 PST)

It is much much cheaper than the brand names...it comes with a container tank, wich holds roughly 2.5 gals, when it's full, the unit stops. I have tested the water and the TDS meter reads the DI water at 000. I had my doubts, but this unit turned out to be excellent.

I also live in an apartment and have mine under the kitchen sink and like reef guru said, I installed a T connector to the pipe where the cold water hose is, you can find one at Home Depot for about 5 bucks. If you'd like, give me your e-mail address and I'll send you pictures of my set up. It wasn't that hard. I had an issue with the drain saddle being too small for the pipes in my apartment, but I solved it by drilling a 1/4 hole on the dishwasher airgap, then I put the drain hose in there wiht a bit of sylicon and done.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

no problem philip, thats what were all here for

10. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

i live in a 2 bedroom duplex without a basement also and i leave my ro/di unit on the counter and have it connected to the faucet. so each day i make my top off water after work and it is all set to go. if ya have the counter space not a bad idea. I have been knwo to forget that i was filling a jug and have it overflow all over my kitchen floor so now i place the jug in the sink and fill it there.....

11. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

+2 It's not that inconvenient. :)

Jim

12. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale