RM's HalfMoon Mantis Palace R.I.P CARNICERA

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by reefmonkey, May 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Great pictures RM. Makes me really miss Mallory.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Sorry man! I think I love this little girl as much as I love my hunting dog, gonna be devastating when she does go away.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

A very sad day. A I sit here and type this I am watching my favorite saltwater resident giving the last throws of her life. I wish there was something I could do for her, to save her or to help her along her end faster.

I'll miss you little butcher.

2 people like this.
  5. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Thank you for the sympathy.

A word of warning for those of you with small children. Put your supplies away and out of reach. I kept her salt in an ice cream bucket under her sump. While trying to uncover the cause of her death I found her sg to be 1.0515. Seems my 4 year old son was showing a 9 year old day care boy how to mix salt and dumped a full cup into her sump yesterday. Of course I just found this out, my wife forgot to mention it last night when I got home from work. Went from sad to MAD in less than a second.

8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

OMG! well the mystery is solved :( :angry:,i can definatly understand your fustration.I have 2 young uns' (one being a crawling 11 month old)and use a kitchen upright cabinet with closing doors for storage of salt,test kits etc,i have a "hook"lock at the top and a plastic child lock that goes on the handles,it's also screwed to the wall to prevent tipping just for this very reason-the safety of my kids and my tanks.Very,very good point to bring up that everyone (especially with kids) needs to be reminded of every now and again.Still doesn't make it suck any less though.:-/

Attached Files:

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Yes lock your stuff up. I kept the supplements put away and out of reach because I worried about my son drinking them. I never gave a second thought to the salt.

I found Filet on his side behind the rocks, he won't make it either. All of the inverts are dead as well.

Guess I'll break the whole thing down and move it to my fish basement.

Don't know if I will get another mantis now or go high power LED and make a nano reef out of the system.

11. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Extremely sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate to the frustration and anger around something like this. Dont give up and use this as a lesson learned. Look around at other things that you may not want your kid/kids to mess with and take the time to explain the concequiences of messing with certain things. Child safety locks can sometimes be your best investment. Again sorry for the loss.

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Sorry Reefmonkey :-X

Could not have foreseen that happening.