RLSS Protein Skimmers - Official Distributor at SaltySupply.com

Discussion in 'Salty Supply' started by saltysupply, May 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltysupply

saltysupply 3reef Sponsor

We are happy to be carrying the new highly acclaimed RLSS protein skimmers. These things are hot! Check out the video demonstration of the pump below.

[​IMG]

We are expecting our first shipment in about 1 week and they are selling out fast..so place your orders asap.

The Design
    The RLSS Protein skimmers are conventional skimmer with an unconventional pump. The Waveline DC 5000 pump performs both water delivery and water fractionation for the protein skimmer. These pumps are DC which employ a speed controllable current. This allows users to select from six preset RPMs via the Waveline pump to tune the skimmers performance on demand. The pump also features a unique 10 minute feed/service shutoff timer which restarts after 10 minutes. The pump employs a soft start, which means the pump ramps up over time to ensure longevity.

All skimmers include the following - Air Silencer, customer venturi intake and all the silicone tubing required. Assembly should take less than 10 minutes for this picture perfect skimmer.

Each needle wheel features a 2" diameter with short shaft which reduces imbalances and noise/vibrations. These skimmers run quiet and cool.

Read more at the link below..

H2O Systems introduces the new RLSS Series protein skimmer with Waveline DC Pumps.

Also available are the Waveline DC pumps these pumps have six speeds up to 2640GPH.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H2O Systems introduces the new RLSS Series protein skimmer with Waveline DC Pumps.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Wow, that's totally neat! I wonder how these pumps would perform as a return pump. To have variable speed adjustments on the fly, that would be pretty cool. Do you have a chart/table/ info on headloss by any chance?

Any who that skimmer is awesome!

4. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

$200 for the DC-5000 return pump looks like a great deal. I'm excited to see some reviews.

5. Leonard

Leonard 3reef Sponsor

6. saltysupply

We should hopefully have everything in stock in about a week, first shipment is selling out fast. They are going to be great skimmers and pumps

7. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I'm not getting it. Looking at the line up, seems one pump goes with all sizes. That's fine to run the pump for the size of skimmer, but I don't see the value in the ability to run your skimmer pump at different speeds. Like the 6 preset speed, I do not see why I would turn down my skimmer.

I have seen it tried a time or two using a DC pump, but this is the first offering I have come across. The skimmer itself is what give limitations of what it can do. You can tune the body for where you like it, but you can't just cram more air and water through it and say it works better.

The same ratings are given for all skimmers fro air draw 900-1800 lph, but most Sicce based skimmers will do 900 lph and I would only run that on a 90gal. Most were comfortable going up to 180 gals, but I would not go over 150. Yet the review from AA and the ads put these at 330-660 galls... you have 1000-2000l which is 260-520 gals. I don't see how you get there with one pump and two of them on a 12".

Have you had a chance to play around yet and see how they perform?

8. Click Here!

9. saltysupply

Waveline 5000's arrived today and are almost sold out, Skimmers are here tomorrow..be sure to place your order soon as they won't last to long.

10. saltysupply