RIP JohnO (John Oppler)

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

RIP, wish his family the best and my condolences

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Although I didn't know him personally, and we only spoke a few times, I feel I've lost a dear friend.:disappoin
    Just think, all of the fish we've lost along our saltwater journey, he's tending to right now in the biggest, most amazing sw tank in heaven.
    My condolences to him family and a hug to all you 3reefers who loved John dearly.

4. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Oh man, this is so sad. I loved his jokes on here and always looked for them in the bucket! He obviously had a great sense of humor. My condolences go out to everyone who knew him, his family, and his friends. He will be SO missed!

5. Sharneeo

Sharneeo Plankton

JohnO

Hello to everyone who posted a message on this thread. I am Sharne and JohnO is my father.
    I found this link on the internet and was heartened, to say the least, about the kind words I found.
    I wanted to join the forum to thank you all, as it is heartwarming to see how loved he is and how much he will be missed.
    As you can guess, my dad's sense of humour, as funny as it was, was a great cause of embarrassment to me when I was growing up. No one was spared his dry wit!! Not even his only little girl.
    Dad loved his aquarium so much and when I was younger would drag me from shop to shop getting lights, heaters, fish etc. Although my mother and I were not involved in the upkeep of his aquarium we certainly appreciated the beauty of it.
    Thanks you again for your lovely words.
    Sharne
    PS. Clive - thank you for visiting dad after my mum died. Your support to dad during that time is unmeasurable. I wish you all the best.

6 people like this.
  6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

WOW! Thanks for chiming in. John will definitely be missed around here........

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Keep your head up high Sharne, although I did not know your father personaly, I do share his sense of humour. He came across as a nice and fun guy to know and be around with. My girls(3) will tell you that I always embarrass them, but they have sooo much fun and laugh they're azz's off and those are the great memories that they will take with them, just as you will too. I wish you the best of luck with all your journeys and always keep the flame alive.;)

Luna

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not a day goes by that I don't think about John and how much I miss him. Thank you so much Sharne for popping on and letting us know a little bit more about him.

10. viking30

viking30 Plankton

Sharne,
    It was a real pleasure to meet both you and your Dad. My thoughts and best wishes are with you. John will live on in our hearts and memories. One thing for sure is i wont forget the amount of drink we managed to put away while i was there :)
    All the best wishes for the future. Thinking of you.
    Clive.

1 person likes this.
  11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

lol Clive!

Thank you very much Sharne for posting. I bet you have some of your Dad's wit for sure. Take care.

12. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Still missing your jokes my friend. Hope the reefing is good where your at.