RIP JohnO (John Oppler)

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I managed to dig up that thread on RC and this (below) has got to be one of his most memorable posts on that thread. JohnO was one of the most clever and unique jokesters I ever had the pleasure of knowing. The fact that he was such a nice guy just made him that much more endearing. Have a read and a laugh with John one last time.

"Hello again

Problem with putting hands into tank treated with Monkey Liquid is the build up of goodness in the water. When placing soiled hand in water, the goodness will attack the soilness of your skin and cause great shock to it. To be safe is better to keep hand out of water, as water is for fish, not for hand.

Monkey Liquid is not new idea. As you can know Chinese people have raising fish for century after century, and most things been tried over ages, not developed in laboratory. In China fish keeping is not only for pet, many farmers keep also for food for family, so great care and aged learning is used.

Charlie has told me brief history of Monkey Liquid. It story is told of old fish farmer who found dead monkey in pond, gut had been opened. He removed monkey and was going to drain pond for poisoning reason, he was delayed in taking action for 3 days. Going back to pond all fish were very healthy and normal bad algae had disappeared. He told many people about this and they also killed monkey to put in pond, very sad but true. This story was found on very old writings aged before time.

Japanese scientists have been able to duplicate result without using monkey gut extract and can copy the result as squeezing and wring out the gut liquid of monkeys would not be
    appropriate nowadays, even in Japan. Plus hard to get monkey gut in bottle.

I hope this help a little.

Fowie Ng

ps I saw reference to Deep Sand Bed ( DSB ), In Hong Kong DSB means Disappointing Sand Bed. I tried DSB, told my Grand Father ( he is very old ) and he says why keep fish in toilet."

FG"

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

This is my favorite quote (from a moderator no less)

1 person likes this.
  4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh the 'Goodness.' Those are fantastic! :lol:

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Don't forget your dialogue with him in that thread Matt: :)

Originally posted by HKreeferman:

"Never heard of legal person eating monkey brain. why?"

Originally posted by Matt Rogers:

It's not legal over there Fowie? I saw an Asian market on TV where they would crack open the monkey brain right there for you. Maybe that is not where you live.

Fowie:

Mr Rogers.

Chinese say tiger penis is good for body, but one first has to catch tiger

Fowie Ng

1 person likes this.
  6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

my condolences to his family

7. viking30

viking30 Plankton

Hi Mate,
    Yeah just wish it was better news that bring us together. I guess we all get caught up in our own lives and never keep in touch as much as we could. Its when something like this happens that it really brings home the fact that we are all just visitors here in this life.
    I can remember quite clearly John telling me the first time we met after his wife died so tragically that he was going to make the most of his time left on this earth. He would take the time to enjoy life, and enjoy the small things like taking the time to smell flowers. "Trust me mate, non of us have long left even if you live to be a hundred its not long enough, especially if your 99 at the time" he said with a sly grin. lol
    I will remember John with a smile on my face.

Will have to catch up again mate and France will be a good place to do it. The house is in good shape so any time your ready :)

Cheers

8. Click Here!

9. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Man, what a bummer. I could tell by his posts that he was a good guy. I will miss his jokes that is for sure!

10. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

It not a joke but something that hit home with me.. I found this in his signature.

"Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't. Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!"

About 3 weeks ago I suffered a brainstem stroke at age 32. I was very lucky to walk away from this with only numbness on my left side and NO loss of motor skills.. Would not even know it happend looking at me.. This quote hit home given my situation and am happy to say that even though JohnO is not with us, he has touched my life having something so meaningful on display in his signature. My thoughts and prayers are with all friends and family..

1 person likes this.
  11. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Anyone have a link to that thread about monkey liquid on RC?? After seeing some of these posts I would love to read it!!!

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Wow. Terrible news.

RIP.