RIP JohnO (John Oppler)

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I remember when we contrived the Monkey sperm idea to get the big wigs at R/C going LOL he and Clive and myself did enjoy that last laugh LOL john was a classic we all have to go and at least his was fast quick and clean and for that as a old mate I am truly grateful Crazy German LOL

RIP John O as we used to say no one ever gets out alive

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I did have the pleasure of talking to him here and there and I was surprised to learn of his passing. Its never easy to let go of someone who has always brought a positive ora with them. He will be missed as well as his jokes. It seems as if God is taking all the good ones away early. RIP John O Luna

4. viking30

viking30 Plankton

Hi Guys,
    I spent time with John in Melbourne just after his wife died and again later in Cairns. He was a real Aussie nut. My thoughts and wishes go out to his daughter and partner in this sad time.
    Viking.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

John and I shared many funny stories over the years, My thoughts and wishes go out to his family.

I would have to say I enjoyed his posts on his nigerian scam correspondence the best

You will be missed bud

J

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Death is always a terrible thing that we all must face inevitably. How we chose to deal with this part of life in these sad and trying times, with a host of emotions running through our heads, is never easy.
    I only knew John from his jokes and enlightening posts that often brought a smile to my face as I would think to myself...where does he come up with these hilarious knee slappers? If only to allow me to escape the harshness of what life deals me, life's reality and stresses for a few minutes, his association with 3reef was worth it for me. His time with 3reef was entertaining, worthwhile and important to me, and I am sure that anyone who had the pleasure of knowing him through his words and uplifting jokes would second my emotion. John was an integral part of the 3reef community and a person that will be deeply missed here on 3reef.
    It was a shock to me to see this unfortunate thread first thing when I signed on to 3reef. I am still in disbelief and with feelings of sorrow and heavy heart, I can just imagine the pain and sadness running through his family, relatives and friends that were closer to John.
    John, your presence on this earth was like a big prom, where everything that you did, experienced, failed to do, the people you met and places you visited were all part of life's repertoire of songs that were played during your prom. You danced with many people in your life, and I was fortunate to be one of those people. To you I thank you for the dance, its just too bad the prom had to end to soon!
    You are in my prayers and thought and will be missed, though I know that you will still look down on us here at 3reef smiling as you try to compose your next joke, you just won't be able to write it down.
    My condolences and best wishes also go out to John's family during these difficult times. Time has a way of healing all! We were fortunate to have had the chance to have John represent and be part of the 3reef family and unfortunately, though he will not be with us in person, he will be in spirit and fond memories.
    RIP-JohnO
    :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::cry::(:(:(

7. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

That is so sad. My condolences to his friends and family. He was great to have around and very helpful.

EDIT: There it is! Irish Woman There was another one about a ventriloquist but I can't find it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

My God. How could I have forgotten about that one. That was classic. I can't find it now. Drat.

Clive I still refer people to your plywood tank thread on this site. I had forgotten about his wife. That was tragic.

10. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Wow. I will miss the laughs that I got from his post. He was a one of a kind.

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

My sincere thoughts and prayers!

2 people like this.