Review of my Jaebo DC12000 RP- UPdated

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Todd_Sails, Oct 11, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yay for you Todd! I was hoping everything went smoothly and that you and guests had a great time! Although with what you had done and your plans for the evening, don't know how it could have gone any other way!

Congrats on the watermelon BTA! Those tend to be pretty expensive on the net so it sounds like you got a deal if you bought it as a RBTA.

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thanks Mindy,

The biggest prep for it was cleaning/straightening up the house! It's a good way to get some stuff cleaned up in your home though.

I actually meant to post that post in the 'what have you done/set up today' thread,
    oh well

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

oh well, nobody's perfect :)

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

UPdate:

It's been about 3 months............. Works like a charm!

Pushes mega water, to mega heights.

6. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

Todd, would you recommend using the 1 1/2 in outlet from the pump to run to a manifold or use those reduction fittings that it comes with? Thanks for all the reviews on it.

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Certainly the 1.5". I'm using 1.5" PVC, with a 1.5" PVC flex hose from the pump with the largest flange fitting that came with the pump- you just cut the smaller ones off. It's about 1 & 3/8 fitting to the flex hose.
    If I could find a fitting that threaded well, I'd use that and get rid of the flange fitting.

8. Click Here!

9. rcflyer1388

cool, reason I ask is because I saw on BRS they had a female threaded fitting in 1 1/2 that goes to a slip joint. I was thinking to put a bulkhead on that to join it to a flex PVC to keep vibes down. Maybe that's what you were looking for to screw directly to the pump?

10. Dodger745

Dodger745 Flamingo Tongue

I think in going to order two of these. One for my return and one for my skimmer. Hopefully will save some electricity compared to my dolphin and iwaki pumps that I'm currently running

11. rcflyer1388

how big is your tank? 2 of these bad boys sounds like you're supplying water to NYC lol

12. Dodger745

Dodger745 Flamingo Tongue

I have a 180. The dolphin return pump that I run now is a beast. Just noisy. And the iwaki 40 that runs my skimmer is rated at just under 1000gph. But I need something that will have quite a bit of pressure to make sure the skimmer runs properly. So I figured the large dc pump dialed down may work