reverting from LED to T5..?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by billielewis3, Feb 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

I will be upgrading to a 36'' cube when I move and I want to go with a 32" reefbreeders unit and four T5's (two in front two in back) I really just like the look of T5's. Maybe you can supplement the Radion w/ T5's?

2. Click Here!

3. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

for starters, im on my third Radion, the first one crapped the bed because of a bad power supply, the second one's fan stopped working after about 4 months; it wouldn't get above 47% power before shutting off.

The display tank at my LFS uses an 8bulb t5 fixture, and the growth rate, health, and colors of the Softies, LPS, and SPS in there is astounding. (now i understand that they probably dose all the right stuff and what ever else) But even still, my very first piece of coral i bought for my tank was a single head frag Duncan, 9 months ago. I do a weekly 10% water change, run a reef octopus skimmer, have a DSB, carbon and GFO reactor, the whole nine, and that same piece of duncan, still only has one head. i can get good polyp extension on all my corals, but no growth.

I do like the customization of spectrum from the radion, its small sleek design, but its just not cutting it for me.