Returning a used vehicle....(No dice) day 4. And were done, finally!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by 4phish, Jul 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Please please please don't listen to this advice. There alot they CAN do. You signed a legally binding contract stating you owe then that money. They can put a lien on you car, sue you or sell the debt to a third party who will wreck your credit.

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I believe that both parties signed a contract stating he already paid the down payment and stating what was being paid by financing. But that's just what I got from reading here and buying a few cars.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

That's not true. They have no way to prove he didn't already give them the down payment. By them signing the contract they stated they had already received it. Once again, it's unethical. But he could get away with it. (I am not suggesting it.)

Once again, I own a dealership and have a degree in Automotive management. This is what I do for a living. I know a lot more about this subject than I do reefing lol.

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

He has no case with the BBB. He bought a car and doesn't like it. The dealership should let him out of it. But they don't have to. When he took delivery that car became his in the eyes of the law. Same as the down payment was in the dealers hands as soon as the finance manager signed the buyers order stating he had received it.

6. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

Keep the downpayment and the RAM, I have a 09 RAM SLT hemi, and I like it more than the 08 Tundra dbl cab, I owned a couple of years ago.

7. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

Like I said in an earlier post, the dealer has offered me another truck. A truck that was more expensive than the original I had purchased. I said no deal. Not being a jerk. I don't have a problem with them offering me another truck, it would have to be the same price as the Ram or lower though.

8. Click Here!

9. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

(Shakes his head in disappointment)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

I understand where you are coming from. I am a Vice President with the largest lender in the country and work with thousands of auto loan and even more types of debt. The debt is considered unpaid in the eyes of the law regardless of if the agreement says it has been. Now, they may choose not to come after someone but they could easily sell that debt to a collector (i have seen this happen countless times on less firm ground then this).

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

They have a detailed accounting of every down payment they've ever received, but not this one? If you run your business like this, /facepalm

12. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

Got back from the dealer around 10. After a lot of talking, I found they could not give me my old truck back. But, they did find me a truck around the same size (Chevorlet Colorado) and with similar payments ($374). I feel like I came out ok.