Returning a used vehicle....(No dice) day 4. And were done, finally!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by 4phish, Jul 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I feel your pain, bud. Just keep at it. Research the laws and read the copy of what u signed, then, make an informed call / decision

Sent from my phone using my two opposable digits

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

That does sound like they are just trying to get money out of you. They know they are wrong, so why don't you submit a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). The BBB can help you out. Also try and find out for sure what your state laws are and the BBB should be able to help you out with that. If anything just show at the lot to get your truck back and don't leave until you have it. I don't really recommend doing this, but I bet if you start to get loud in front of other customers about how crappy their customer service is and how they are trying to sell you a lemon they will deal with you to save face.

Good Luck

4. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

the BBB is just a company that other companies pay so that they have a BBB rating and get to use the BBB(TM) logo. they are not consumer rights advocates and are almost the opposite.

you were right, you should call a lawyer.

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

You may be right, but I would have to disagree with you on that. I had a problem with a cell phone company one time, and within a day or two my issue was resolved.

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

...I thought the BBB was a government agency?

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

In most states (I don't even know of one?) you can't return cars just because you don't like them. There is a lemon law, but something has to actually be wrong with the car, mechanically.

On a side note, I can't believe they let you take the car without paying your down payment, or being approved for financing. That's weird...

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Not really, they would shove that car in your garage these days. Anything for a sale, or making any money whatsoever.

Sent from my phone using my two opposable digits

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

But they can't even be sure they're getting paid without making sure there's financial backing for him. That's the problem. The paperwork might not be fully processed, but he had to have been preapproved by the finance company for him to drive off with it.

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yes, he had to have been pre approved. They would never, ever let that happen. Yes, they want sales, but they may never get the money.

The whole thing is weird!

12. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

That is not always true.I worked for a motorcycle dealership that would "spot" deals all the time and then get the buyer bought a few days later.If the finance people have a good working relationship with the various credit buyers it is not normally a problem.If they couldn't get them bought just go repo the unit.
    On a side note in FL once you sign the contract it is your vehical even if you don't drive off with it.Most dealers will just throw out the contract if you don't take it.Some will just drop it off on your door step and tell you it is your problem not ours.