Return pump

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by starfish2217, Jul 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

okay so there has to be something wrong with my return pump, my tank this morning wouldn't run right the water from the over flow kept getting way to low because the pump isn't pumping consistantly or not enough I don't know.. I shut it off and have an airstone heater and a little pump for flow in the tank right now. Should I just replace my pump, its a rio 17 HF.

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Take it apart and make sure all parts look okay. Then let it soak in RO water with vinegar for a little bit, disassembled. Scrub it, rinse it, reassemble it. Test it out. If it still isn't working right, and all parts look fine, something is wrong, and it might warrant getting a replacement.

4. starfish2217

Okay so im not crazy it could be pumping water inconsistantly or not pumping it right at all.. cuz I swear its the pump.. anyways I will give it a good soaking see if it solves the problem.

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

^Agree. You can even soak in pure vinegar to make that process go a little quicker. Rinse with RODI once reassembled.

6. starfish2217

I can't even get the damn thing out.. ugh.