[Resolved for now] GSP Help!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by sticksmith23, Jul 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

I personally recommend the salifert kit, I think it will give you the most accurate PO4 readings. However, you can always ask your LFS to test it for you. I know our stores around here us a Hanna for their test, which is extremely accurate. Someone around you may do the same. Anything below .1 would be good. Anything below .25 is acceptable. And anything higher will really restrict your coral growth and survival.

You can always do a series of small water changes ( less than 10% total water volume) over the next couple days and see what the results are, that will certainly lower any PO4 in the water, and may provide relief.

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Unforunately around my area there really aren't any good LFS, but I can check to see if they do water testing. I usually have to go to Petco and Petsmart to get supplies and try to find someone local for corals. There is one guy I found that sells me frags for $5 - $10, which is awesome. I will try to the smaller water changes over the next 2 - 3 days and see what happens.

4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Not sure, but i think the phosphate remover has to be removed after four days or so. Instructions on many phosphate removers tell you to only run them until your levels are where you want them but not more than a week. Not sure of the fluval instructions though!

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Just as an update, my GSP is doing amazing ever since I upgraded my tank to the 40 breeder. It has started to grow again and looks awesome. I will post some pics when I get the chance to take some more. Thank you everyone for all of your help.