rescue coral! duh du duuhhh!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by jakeh24, Oct 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

ok go re reread what i wrote i said "if" and the point of what i was saying is this.

why do people feel the need to say the "rescued/ saved" livestock from petco and yet when they go to another place of buisness it is hey look what i got... this is what i find the funniest if people hate petco and think that everything they have there is poor quality and they are doing a service to someone or something by buying something from them then why go there. sometimes it seems that people need to defend a purchase from petco because most poeple on this board and others feel the need to flame them for going there.

90% of the fish in my tank has come from petco and i love my local petco.

and to jake as i said nice addition and it looks great hope you have a long enjoyment from it. i did not see the lighting in your signature and for that my bad however it doesnt take from my above statement.

2. Click Here!

3. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

its all good don't worry about it
    2 of my 3 fish are from petco
    and now 1 of my corals is

also we no longer have any lfs so petco is the only place within a 2 hour drive
    i just think when it comes to big chain stores like petco you just need to catch everything when it first comes in

anyways man does this thing look cool at night haha
    all of the bubbles uh deflate?
    and all the little feeder tentacles are out

4. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I guess you could call that a rescue, that coral looks to be in pretty rough shape. A bubble coral really doesn't need much more than good PC bulbs anyways as long as the water is decent and its getting fed meaty foods regularly.

~Will.

5. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

i call it a rescue cause it was the one that looked most healthy
    all the rest had skeleton showing and were decaying :-X

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

+1, a bubble will benefit more from meaty foods than MH or T5 lights. Mine is under MH but I still feed raw table shrimp once a week, you can just see how happy it is when it grabs the food.

This is definitely a rescue, it was probably under PC or standard lighting AND not getting fed, which is a long term death sentence.

Jake, make sure you feed it meaty foods (raw, uncooked table shrimp is easiest) and it will recover quickly

7. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

will the little feeder tentacles grab on or do i have to put it to it's mouth?

8. Click Here!

9. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Help it by placing on the mouth. The bubbles should contract around the mouth and trap the food. It may be weak but still bubbling up so that's a good sign.

10. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

alright thanks :)

11. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

You're welcome. Make sure it is raw - uncooked. Not pre-cooked. You can also get food at the LFS.

12. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I like using mysis and brine shrimp on mine personally, but every once and a while I will toss on a small silverside or 2. My bubble is a little different tho as it has smaller polyps (I guess thats what you call the bubbles?) and has more of a green / orange color to it.

~Will.