Removing mushroom from frag plug?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Triplemom, Mar 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Why not just epoxy the plug to the rock and wait a few weeks tom a couple of months they will over grow onto the rocks and its less stress and problems for you and the coral .. Patient's is all it takes The white plug will color up to match the rocks also.. Once its wide open it may well cover that plug already as it is ?

2. Click Here!

3. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

If it was that ugly of a plugg i may super glue rock rubble/sand to the exposed plugg.. Even then if you good coraline alge growth it will cover it in time...

Good Luck...

4. rglewis

rglewis Flamingo Tongue

I REALLY hate frag plugs. I hate that it is the hobby standard. Looks better and makes things SOOOOO much easier when LR rubble is used.

5. felixpaws

felixpaws Astrea Snail

You could always do what I do. I bought a bunch of live rock rubble, from bulkreefsupply.com, and attach my frags to that. I bought 15lbs., and most of it was 1" to 2" pieces. I just put them all in my frag tank, and it does double duty as live rock. Be advised though. 15lbs. is a lot. I got 3 big bags, and not all of it is little. Some are bigger(softball size, at the most), but tons of little stuff. Be careful, though. It's not really very clean. Make sure to rinse them, very well. I don't work for them, I just don't like to get frag plugs, when I buy coral.;D Frag plugs work to grow stuff out on a rack, but I try to never leave them on the plugs, when I place them in my display. They're ugly, and don't look natural, which most people seem to try for, in they're reef tanks. Just my opinion.