Removing fish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Drock, Nov 8, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Drock

Drock Plankton

Hey everyone i have been trying to catch a coral beauty in my display reef tank. I am just trying to relocate him to another tank but with all the rock work I'm starting to think it is impossible lol. I have tried the two net approach. So I was just seeing if anyone has any suggestions on DIY fish traps or any other easier approaches anyone might have in mined. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you. image.jpeg

2. Click Here!

3. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

You could try taunting it with food, like nori on a clip and try to catch it that way. Always go with the net from behind and get a good size net.

There are traps you can make out of pop bottles, try going on youtube.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Two liter bottle didn't work for me, so I made an eggcrate "box" with a drawstring door. I was trying to catch my potters angel (2") so I made the box about 8"x4"x4". Worked like a charm. Until he swam out the teeny tiny gap between the door and the side, but that was my fault, I wasn't actually expecting to catch him so I wasn't prepared afterwards when I did lol. Once he was out he learned what it was and didn't go back in at all so I had to drain the tank.

7. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

You could always drain the water to another tank or bucket untill the fish has little water to swim in the catch it with a net. I have been trying to get a fish myself problem is I have three hunderd gallons and dont have a container that big.

8. Click Here!

9. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

when I had to take out my pygmy angel I had to turn the lights off and take some rocks out slowly. managed to nab it out when he was sleeping.