Reintroducing to the DT tank after Copper Treatment

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by BaxterS80, Mar 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I am about ready to reintroduce our Starry Blenny to our DT after being treated with Copper. How should I go about this without getting any copper in the DT? In thinking about the reintroduction I started thinking about getting any small traces in the DT.

2. Click Here!

3. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

get a bucket of water (salt) that is the same temp as the water from the qt! Put him in there to wash any residual copper off - then into the DT

1 person likes this.
  4. BaxterS80

Cool, I was thinking along those lines as well...I was also concerned about the net...

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Put the fish in a bucket of the copper laced water and then just ease your hand up under the fish and it will rest there then wet the other hand with tank water then put the fish into the now wet hand from tank water then easily set the hand with the fish into the tank slowly and the fish will just swim off and not go into shock like with a net.. I put all my fish in the tank like this. So as to never introduce anyones water to my tank.

When I add my fish they never just shoot for the rocks and kind of just hang out to look around . They will all just lay right in your hand just don't excite then with chasing around in the bucket just slowly herd them into your Palm. I do Rabbit fish like this also. Y'all should see Amcarrigs face when I made her learn and employ this method LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. Mrs.Exec.Level

Mrs.Exec.Level Astrea Snail

I had a similar situation to this a couple months ago and I did what Phoenix suggested it worked pretty well.

7. BaxterS80

Thanks for all of the recommendations, i just do not want to get any copper in the DT. I would lose it if I started to see all of the corals die off...