Refractometer

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Land_Fish, Feb 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Yeah I read your other post Boomer man.... where have you been?

2. Click Here!

3. Boomer

Boomer Feather Duster

I have been sick allot, two colds, some other home issues (mostly snow) and just tied up. Off for 3 days, so came for a look ;D

4. Boomer

Boomer Feather Duster

I just realized I forgot something, thought it was there in the post :eek:

You can make up your own refract calibration soluition;

Take 3.6 % by weight and add it to 963 ml ( grams) of water. Meaning 36 grams of water and 963 ml of water, will give a calibration std of 35ppt, which is NSW Salinity. So what ever you refract reads in this solution, that = 35 ppt NSW, which is what you want to aim for

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Boomer link=board=Water;num=1077924622;start=0#9 date=03/13/04 at 12:40:37] so to get the salinity of NSW it needs to read 1 point higher or .001 so 1.027 = 35 ppt NSW and not 1.026 .
    [/quote]

Great to know. Thanks Boomer!
    [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

6. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

I just went on Premium Aquatics and they are currently out of the blue refractometers, but I did find them on DIYReef.com for $43. A little bit cheaper than Premium Aquatics.

GaMmA

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Then I would see how much the shipping would be!

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I got mine for $49.95 at RAG. Anywhere in that price range is good in my book as long as the quality is there.

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=GaMmA link=board=Water;num=1077924622;start=0#14 date=03/18/04 at 00:51:34]I just went on Premium Aquatics and they are currently out of the blue refractometers, but I did find them on DIYReef.com for $43.  A little bit cheaper than Premium Aquatics.

GaMmA[/quote]

Hey GaMmA I got this one from Premium Aquatics for 42.95 with shipping it was 50 buck I think so things are great in my world ;D
    Customer Rating:
    Quantity in Basket: none
    Code: REFRACT-PA
    Price: $42.95

Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds
    Sorry, we are currently sold out of 'Premium Blue Refractometer - RHS-10ATC'. Please check back later.

I guess our posts generated to many sales hey Jason? They are sold out.. ;)

Dave

11. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

Mine was $43 + $6.95 s&h. So Nautilus things are better in my world by a nickel. That extra nickel will go towards my next $4k hobby.

GaMmA

Is it just me or does work get in the way w/you trying to stay updated on this forum??? If I can only find another source of income that would allow me to fund this hobby & read up on these forums.

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=GaMmA link=board=Water;num=1077924622;start=15#18 date=03/18/04 at 16:07:24]Mine was $43 + $6.95 s&h.  So Nautilus things are better in my world by a nickel.  That extra nickel will go towards my next $4k hobby.

GaMmA

Is it just me or does work get in the way w/you trying to stay updated on this forum???  If I can only find another source of income that would allow me to fund this hobby & read up on these forums.
    [/quote]
    I take donations and you can use paypal....HEHEHEHE :eek: