Reefsafe.....Schmeefsafe!!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by inwall75, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I think the main problem was this one was a medium~medium-large specimen. I picked his size because I was going to drop him into a 75g and then found I couldn't until I raised their salinity. As a result, he went into a 29g and he was definitely too big for that.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

I just lost an emerald after having it about a year. It had molted 4 times yhat I know of, and had become HUGE, but not once did it touch a coral. I miss him....

4. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I watched an Emerald crab tear apart a Dendro for no reason. Right in front of me. Just plucking it apart and letting the pieces float away. The coral never recovered.

5. jcoreyblack

jcoreyblack Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

So more or less y'all are saying its a coin flip weither its going to be violent unless I get a very small one.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I had bristle worms eat through $300 of corals and clams in two nights. I now kill all bristle worms on site.

7. jcoreyblack

jcoreyblack Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Oh wow, I'll note that bristle worms are a no go. I thought people purposly put bristles in there tank, guess I was wrong.

8. Click Here!

9. MinimumPhase

MinimumPhase Astrea Snail

How do you get them? I keep seeing one in my live rock but I'm not sure how I would catch him.

10. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

My guess was those weren't bristleworms, but fireworms, which are pretty rare, or another type such as Eunicids. Bristleworms don't have jaws, so they can't do anything but suck down soft stuff.

Sorry about your coral, Inwall. We had 3 decent sized male emeralds in our 55 (boyfriend bought them without me). I saw one, one time, pinch a zoa and take a bite. I squirted it with the baster & it never did it again LOL.

1 person likes this.